- Beach Cities Friends & Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles proudly present Art House 2008, Sat. May 10, 6:30 – 10 pm, over 50 beautiful works of art by world renowned artist, live music, food, drink. All to benefit HFH GLA. Free admission. RSVP Required, contact Christa Reiff for info 310-323-4663 ext. 124
- Join HFH GLA, Volunteers, Sponsors and Partner Families for a Habitat Block Party to celebrate our newest homeowners. Saturday, June 7 at Vermont Village, 11120 S. Vermont Ave. at 112th Street and Saturday, June 21 at Harborside Terrace, 308 N. Palos Verdes Ave. at O’Farrell in San Pedro. Entertainment, Food, Fun, 10 am – 3 pm. RSVP required, contact Janell McKane, 310-323-4663 ext. 129
The Housing Center for Excellence Training Days:
- Cornerstone Training: A 14 unit training that will teach construction skills needed on our sites. Held Saturday mornings 9 am - noon and Wednesday nights 6-9 pm. Training will start on Saturday May 17 and go through Wednesday, July 2. To receive the certificate of completion for the training, participants must attend at least 11 of the 14 training sessions. This is the first Cornerstone course, space is very limited.
- Crew Leader Training: A four week training course from 6-9pm on Tuesday nights, May 27th to June 20th. The Crew Leader training will focus on understanding Habitat procedures and how to lead teams of volunteers. No skills assessment will be needed, but participants should have basic construction skills and have previous experience on a Habitat site as a volunteer. Participants should commit to all four training sessions. Space is very limited for the Crew Leader training.
RSVP today to Deborah Lewis, ext. 119
- 15th Annual Fannie Mae Golf Tournament to Benefit Habitat GLA: August 28 & 29 in beautful Dana Point. Golf, Silent Auction and Gala with live entertainment. Please contact Jo-An Turman at 310-323-4662 ext. 121 to register.
- Don’t miss our “Building a Greater Los Angeles” Gala, Wednesday, October 1, 2008, Beverly Hilton Hotel. Call Jo-An for more information & tickets, ext. 121
Visit our site for all upcoming event listings.
Labels: affordable housing, College Volunteers, Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles, Housing Center for Excellence, jimmy carter work project, new homes, upcoming events