Andrea Schroder of Bravo's Top Design Writes about her Experience at "Power Women, Power Tools"

I have read about Habitat for Humanity for years and wanted to get involved, but never took the initiative. Finally with the help of a friend Nicole, I experienced the satisfaction and joy of helping build a home for another in need. My professional background is design and real estate so Habitat is the perfect fit. Habitat for Humanity believes in pride of ownership, in community and in caring for others.
On a personal level I believe a beautiful home begins with love. I arrived on the home build site that morning feeling down and overwhelmed with life in general. Focusing on another combined with the physical labor of hammering nails, was so therapeutic and I left later that afternoon with renewed energy, sensitivity and gratitude.

I can't wait to go back and work again.
Thank-you.
Andrea Schroder

Look for Andrea on the upcoming season of Top Design on Bravo starting September 3rd!

Labels: , , , , ,