Celebrating our Worldwide Volunteers

Guest Blogger & Habitat World Volunteer: Julie Spezia

I connected with Habitat for Habitat in Northern Ireland with my first international build in 2000. The peace process was still very fragile and Habitat's role in rebuilding cross-community ties and restoring people to homes in a conflict where whole neighborhoods were destroyed was very inspiring. So much so that I went back again and again. The bonds were further strengthened by the friendships made and the most fun I'll ever have working hard.


Most recently I led a youth build (photo) and was able to share the experience with my two children and my brother. Every time I go I make memories and recommit to the vision of everyone in the world having a safe, decent place to live. (I can't wait to go back Peter!)

Thank you, Julie! If you have a story to share please let us know.

Labels: , ,