We have some very exciting homeownership opportunities right now for L.A. residents. We are currently accepting applications for homes in Long Beach, Lynwood and South Gate.
PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY INCOME REQUIREMENTS
- Must be income eligible. See chart below.
- Must have good credit—no current judgments, liens, or recent bankruptcies.
- Must complete 200 hours of sweat equity.
- Must complete an 8-hour HUD approved Homebuyer Education Program.
- Must attend a Habitat for Humanity orientation.
- Must be able to make a small down payment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
*approximate minimum annual income
Size Minimum* Maximum
1 $17,400 $46,400
2 $19,900 $53,000
3 $22,400 $59,650
4 $24,850 $66,250
5 $26,850 $71,550
6 $28,850 $76,850
7 $30,850 $82,150
8 $32,850 $87,450
HFH GLA has partnered with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) to promote the purchase of foreclosed homes in order to stabilize communities suffering from foreclosures and abandonment. There will be approximately 100 homeownership opportunities available in the cities of Long Beach, Lynwood and South Gate.
You can begin taking the following steps to becoming a Habitat Homeowner today:
1. Contact the Homeowner Relations Department at (310)323-4663 extension 118 or email Sylvia Bautista and request the following:
2. Meet with a Lender – even if you think you do not qualify for a mortgage loan.3. Attend a Habitat orientation.
- Information about NSP
- A Pre-Application Eligibility Questionnaire
- A list of NSP trained lenders
- Information about upcoming Habitat orientations
4. Submit an application, with supporting documents and a small processing and credit check-fee.
For more information about Habitat’s Homeownership Program, call the Homeowner Relations Department at (310) 323-4663 or visit our website.
Labels: affordable housing, becoming a habitat homeowner, building a greater los angeles, how to apply for a habitat home