One Power Woman Describes how Sore Muscles Filled her Heart

Guest blogger: Joanna Cabrera, Power Woman!

As I woke up on June 13th, I started to feel the soreness in my arms.  Yet, I felt great.
Being able to attend the Power Women, Power Tools build was an awesome experience for me.  I was glad that my mentor, Melanie Cook, had invited me to the event.  At first, I was a bit nervous about going.  I have no experience in building whatsoever, so I wondered what I might be able to do.  Once I arrived and saw everyone working, my worries went away.  I thought to myself that if other people were able to contribute something to the build, I could also find something to do, even if it were a small thing. Along with Melanie, I helped cover the outside part of the house boards.  Although it was a smaller task than the rest, it was quite difficult.  However, I had a great time.  I enjoy working with Melanie.  At the end of the day, I felt great knowing I contributed to the building of those houses.  




Read more blog posts:
Jennifer Grey at Power Women, Power Tools 2009
What Makes a Power Woman?
 

Labels: , , , ,