We get a lot of calls (thankfully) asking about how to donate goods to our Home Improvement Store so I thought I'd post that info here as a resource. We are in the process of opening a 2nd Store in Greater Los Angeles, so we will definitely need your donations. Also, we are happy to accept your old electronics for recycling, all you need to do is drop them off!
Donations are accepted at the Home Improvement Store during business hours (Tu-Sat from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.). Call (310) 323-4663 ext. 127 to check quality, age and usability of your items.
To contact us call (310) 323-4663 ext. 127 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss if we are able to accept your donation. We are unable to haul away trash, and some donations may be declined because of safety concerns, facility limitations, or marketability.
For the safest and most efficient collection of your donation, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Have all materials boxed (if applicable), stacked and readily accessible
- Mark all items with a note that reads "For Habitat for Humanity"
- Absolutely no hazardous materials or waste items are accepted
- As of February 20, 2009, we will no longer accept any children's items. These include cribs, strollers, car seats, toys and much more. Please refer to the following website for more information about the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act: www.cpsc.gov. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- We are unable to haul away trash or sort items from those that do not meet our criteria
Labels: donate goods to habitat, furniture donations, Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles, home improvement store in Gardena, recycled electronics